The OCCC is pleased to announce that it has received the certification for Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) for its existing buildings.
Energy Saving Facility Upgrades:
- Solar PV System
- Compact Light Bulbs
- LED Lighting
- Drip Irrigation
- Climate Change Education Center
- Green Sealed Certified for Cleaning Products
- 100% Recycled toiletry supplies
- 85% recycled trash bags
- Low-Flow Faucets
We adhere with the LEED and APEX-ASTM E2774 - 11 Standard Specification for Evaluation & Selection of Venues for Environmentally Sustainable Meetings; Events, Trade Shows, and Conferences for all OCCC purchases.
Water Conservation Methods:
- 100% reclaimed water for irrigation
- Installation of drip irrigation system
- Utilizing Xeriscape™ planting principles
- low-flow, metering water faucets in restrooms
Please view our 2013 Meetings Focus Sustainability Article.